WACK Egg, WACK Trainees
WAgg (WACK Egg) is the official trainee unit of WACK. The purpose of the unit is to train young girls with the intention of eventually debuting as part of a WACK group.
WAgg mostly performs covers of tracks by other WACK artists, as, until 2020, they had no original songs.
Members[edit | edit source]
- Utauuta (Founding member)
- A Anzupia (Founding member)
- Love (Founding member)
- Sayaito (Founding member)
- Nayu (Joined March 2019)
- Ainastar (Joined February 2020)
Former Members[edit | edit source]
Promoted[edit | edit source]
- Naruhaworld (Founding member, joined GANG PARADE)
- Uruu Ru (Founding member, joined CARRY LOOSE)
- Hanaemonster (Founding member, joined MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN)
- Kila May (Joined February 2020, joined PARADISES)
Left[edit | edit source]
- Marin Ba (Founding member, left June 16th, 2019)
- Youdot.com (Joined March 2020, left September 2020)
Biography[edit | edit source]
2018[edit | edit source]
WAgg was officially announced on May 28th 2018, and auditions were held for girls aged between 12 and 17 years old, for the purpose of training and eventually debuting in WACK. The first members of the unit, Marin Ba, Uruu Ru, Utauuta, Anzupia, Naruhaworld, Love, Sayaito and Hanaemonster were announced on August 14th 2018. Much like the reveals of previous WACK groups, their eyes were obscured in their first teaser photos.
On September 8th, their faces were finally revealed, along with a short documentary film on YouTube. Their first live event was streamed on Niconico on September 9th, with BiSH performing as support. Afterward, they began their first joint tour with EMPiRE, "THE NEW RiCE".
2019[edit | edit source]
From the 24th to the 30th of March 2019, WAgg members were invited to take part in the WACK AUDiTiON CAMP 2019. All members except for Love participated. At the end of the audition, it was announced that Naruhaworld would debut in Gang Parade, making her the first promoted trainee. In addition, audition finalist Nayu would join WAgg. Naruhaworld's graduation took place on May 19th and Nayu began performing with WAgg a week later on the 26th.
On June 16th, Marin Ba left WAgg in order to concentrate on university entrance exams. Her final performance was live-streamed. Two days later, it was announced that Uruu Ru would debut in a new group, CARRY LOOSE. Her final performance with WAgg took place on August 25th.
2020[edit | edit source]
Once again, WAgg members were invited to take part in the WACK AUDiTiON CAMP 2020 from March 22nd to 28th. Utauuta, A Anzupia, Sayaito, Ainastar and Kila May all agreed to participate.
At the end of the audition, Kila May, who had joined just over a month prior, was promoted to PARADISES, and audition finalist Youdot.com was added to WAgg in her place. Due to Japan's restrictions on public events at the time, Kira May did not receive an official graduation ceremony and instead left WAgg via a Zoom call on May 23rd.
WAgg announced their first original song and music video, WAgg no Subarashiki Sekai, on June 12th. The song was made available to download for free.
On September 12th, Youdot.com left WAgg due to health complications.
During WAgg's Tokyo Idol Festival set on October 4th, it was announced that a member of WAgg would be promoted to PARADISES, and that an audition livestream for all members, PARADISES no Subarashiki Mirai, would be held on the 10th. In addition, it was revealed that any member of WAgg who does not debut within two years would be forced to leave.
Discography[edit | edit source]
Digital Singles[edit | edit source]
- [2020.06.12] WAgg no Subarashiki Sekai
Publications[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Their name is a reference to Hello! Project Egg, the former name of Hello! Project's trainee unit. They used to wear egg-inspired costumes on stage.
- Are currently the only group that still performs songs from BiS's first and second generations.
- Upon the announcement of the PARADISES no Subarashiki Mirai event and the 2-year debut limit, WAgg talked about how they wished to debut as one complete unit, however, Watanabe Junnosuke felt that this would not work.