|MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN|
MONSTER IDOL Unit
Members[edit | edit source]
- Hanaemonster (Founding member)
- Nao Of Nao (Founding member)
- Aika The Spy (Founding member)
- Miyukiangel (Founding member)
- Kaedephoenix (Joined December 25th, 2019)
History[edit | edit source]
2019[edit | edit source]
In August of 2019, an audition for a new WACK unit was held, with variety show comedian Kuro-chan being heavily involved with the process. The audition camp was filmed and later broadcast as the miniseries MONSTER IDOL, from November 6th to December 18th.
After the episode broadcast, their debut music video for lead single "Restart" was posted on Tower Records' YouTube page, followed by an announcement that the single would go on sale tomorrow. For promo, members of the group (and Kuro-chan) visited Tower Records stores around the country to meet prospective fans.
On December 25th, MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN held their debut live, where not only was it announced that Kuro-chan would be dismissed as their producer, but also that MONSTER IDOL runner-up Kaede would join the group.
2020[edit | edit source]
On January 1st, all MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN members changed their stage names; Aika's name was extended to Aika The Spy, Nao to Nao Of Nao, Miyuki to Miyukiangel and Kaede to Kaedephoenix. Hanae reverted to her former WAgg stage name, Hanaemonster. Along with these name changes also brought a change in image, with leather sukeban-inspired costumes suggesting an edgier and more "WACK-like" rebranding compared to the traditional idol appearance of their debut single. This upset a vocal portion of MAMESHiBA's fanbase, who complained to Watanabe about the changes and demanded Kuro-chan's rehiring.
Towards the end of January, MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN opened their official YouTube channel, and announced that they would release their second single in the near future.
On February 12th, a special reunion episode of MONSTER IDOL aired where Watanabe and Kuro-chan announced the next singles and sales campaign: Kuro-chan Vs WACK. If the music video for the Kuro-chan written and produced song Rocketstart gains more views on YouTube by 11pm on February 19th than the WACK written and produced song Daijoubu Sunrise, then Kuro-chan will be reinstated as the full-time producer. The music videos for the two songs dropped instantly after the show's broadcast. The following week, it was announced that Rocketstart had gained more YouTube views and Kuro-chan was reinstated as their producer.
On March 8th, MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN announced that they would release their debut album, Start, and hold their debut oneman live on May 13th. However, due to the COVID-19 outbreak prompting a state of emergency in Japan, the album release was delayed to June 10th.
On May 14th, the day after what would have been Start's original release date, MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN released the digital single, FLASH while also revealing more information about the album. It was followed up by Donkusa Happy on the 27th.
During an episode of Suiyobi no Downtown aired on August 5th, it was announced that MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN would make their major label debut under Avex, the same company as BiSH and EMPiRE. The music video for their first song, SAMABARi, was revealed the same day. The following month, B-side KOi NO KAKEZAN ABCDEFG was also released.
MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN's debut single, AAA, will be released on October 7th.
Discography[edit | edit source]
Albums[edit | edit source]
- [2020.06.10] Start
Singles[edit | edit source]
- [2019.12.18] Restart
- [2020.02.13] Rocketstart
- [2020.02.13] Daijoubu Sunrise
- [2020.05.14] FLASH (Digital Single)
- [2020.05.27] Donkusa Happy (Digital Single)
- [2020.08.06] SAMABARi (Digital Single)
- [2020.09.09] KOi NO KAKEZAN ABCDEFG (Digital Single)
- [2020.10.07] AAA
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nao Of Nao and Kaedephoenix were both former members of iDOL STREET's trainee unit, street-sei, and it's subgroup, SAPPORO Snow♥Loveits.
- Including Hanaemonster, who was a member of WAgg, there are a total of three idol trainees in MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN.
- Hanaemonster and Nao Of Nao both previously participated in the WACK AUDiTiON CAMP 2019 together.
- Due to the audition being televised on a mainstream programme, MAMESHiBA NO TAiGUN have had the most commercially successful debut out of any other WACK group so far.