Dogenzaka43 (道玄坂43) is a one-off shuffle unit formed in June 2021. Unlike previous WACK shuffle units, which incorporated five-to-six selected idols, Dogenzaka43 consisted of every idol that was part of WACK at the time of formation.
Dogenzaka43's formation was unveiled on June 15th, via a billboard installed overnight on the tower of the Shibuya 109 building in Tokyo. This previous method of generating publicity had been previously used in the WACK Shazai stunt. The poster featured all present members of WACK (with the exception of Yuki Reysole, who had not yet started activities) and announced their "debut final single", Tsuyo Niku Jaku Shoku Jidai, would be released the following day.
Further details were given about the unit later that day, with a website for the group launched. It was announced that, as of June 16th, Tsuyo Niku Jaku Shoku Jidai would be released for free in Tower Records and HMV stores. A music video for the song was released the same day.
- [2021.06.16] Tsuyo Niku Jaku Shoku Jidai
- Their name is a parody of the Sakamichi series of idol groups, whose most well-known acts include Nogizaka46, Keyakizaka46 and Sakurazaka46. The Dogenzaka in their name is a reference to a street in Shibuya, while 43 represents the total amount of active members in WACK at the time.
- Dogenzaka43 is the first WACK shuffle unit to feature members of ASP.
- Even though Ainastar and A Anzupia were both on hiatus at the time of Dogenzaka43's formation, they are still listed as members and are included in Tsuyo Niku Jaku Shoku Jidai.
- Out of 43 members, 10 (Cent Chihiro Chittiii, Aina The End, Ayuni D, Yamamachi Miki, Yumeno Yua, Can GP Maika, MAHO EMPiRE, A Anzupia, NOW EMPiRE and Toggy) had already been in another WACK shuffle unit before Dogenzaka43's formation.
- The uniforms used for Dogenzaka43 promotions are the same as the ones used in SCHOOL OF WACK.