Coco Partin Coco (ココ・パーティン・ココ), formerly Coco Chanel (ココチャネル), is a Japanese idol under WACK. She is a member of GO TO THE BEDS. Prior to this, she was a member of SiS, and GANG PARADE from 2016 to its split and indefinite hiatus in 2020.
Biography[edit | edit source]
2016[edit | edit source]
After being a fan of BiS' first generation, Coco Partin Coco previously applied for the first three BiSH auditions, but failed each time. Her fourth attempt at joining WACK, for BiS' second generation, resulted in her being invited to the audition camp.
From August 31st to September 4th, 2016, Coco Partin Coco participated in the BiS Reformation Audition camp, under the temporary name "Michihayashi Rio".
On September 4th, Coco joined SiS after failing to pass the BiS audition camp.
SiS' debut live took place on September 26th, where Coco performed with the stage name "Coco Chanel".
Just one day after SiS' debut performance, the group was disbanded on September 26th.
Coco Partin Coco's debut single with GANG PARADE, Plastic 2 Mercy, was released on December 27th, 2016.
2017[edit | edit source]
Coco's debut album, GANG PARADE takes themselves higher!!, was released on November 21st.
In late December, during WACK Election campaign, Watanabe Junnosuke revealed that if Coco Partin Coco came last on ranking she would have to run a 100km marathon. Later during the appeals, Coco declared that she would also run a marathon if she came first.
On December 31st, it was announced that Coco Partin Coco had ranked 11th in the WACK General Election. After the event, Coco announced she would run the marathon anyway.
2018[edit | edit source]
The 100km marathon took place on February 7th 2018 from Atami to Hanzomon studio where the other members were waiting. During the 24 hours a live stream was held showing both Coco running and the other 6 members on the studio.
On October 16th 2018, Coco Partin Coco modelled for NEGLECT ADULT PATiENTS at Amazon Fashion Week.
2020[edit | edit source]
When GANG PARADE was split into two groups on March 28th, 2020, Coco Partin Coco was placed in GO TO THE BEDS. The following day, her first digital single as part of the unit, Don't go to the bed, was released.
On April 1st, Coco's first EP as a member of GO TO THE BEDS, G/P, was released.
GANG PARADE went on indefinite hiatus on May 22nd.
Coco Partin Coco's first album as part of GO TO THE BEDS, GO TO THE BEDS, was released on July 22nd.
2021[edit | edit source]
From March 21st until March 27th, Coco Partin Coco participated in the WACK AUDiTiON CAMP 2021 as a mentor.
On April 1st, Coco announced her solo debut as an enka singer, under the stage name, "Fujiwara Coco" and would release her first song, Yakusoku, the same day. From 3pm, she would hand out business cards in front of Shibuya Station, containing a URL of the song to download. Following a press conference at the end of the day (with other members of GO TO THE BEDS acting as journalists) Coco admitted that her solo career was an April Fools joke, and instead announced GO TO THE BEDS' second EP, BLOOD COMPACT.
Personal Life[edit | edit source]
Coco is from Nagoya and went to a rich all-girls school. She attended college for 1 year before auditioning for BiS.
Profile[edit | edit source]
- Stage Name: Coco Partin Coco (ココ・パーティン・ココ)
- Other Names: Fujiwara Coco (藤原ここ), Coco Chanel (ココチャネル)
- WACK Audition Name: Second Summer Uika (セカンドサマーウイカ)
- Birth Date: July 18th
- Birthplace: Nagoya, Japan
- Bloodtype: AB
- Nickname: Coco (ココ), Paripi (パリピ)
- Western Zodiac: Cancer
- WACK status:
- 2016.09.04: Joined SiS
- 2016.09.26: SiS disbands
- 2016.11.06: Joined GANG PARADE
- 2020.03.28: Joined GO TO THE BEDS
- 2020.05.22: GANG PARADE entered indefinite hiatus
- GANG PARADE Colour: ■ Red
- WACK Groups:
- Overall Time in WACK: 4 Years, 7 Months, 14 Days
Discography[edit | edit source]
Songs[edit | edit source]
- [2021.04.01] Yakusoku
Publications[edit | edit source]
Other Media[edit | edit source]
Film[edit | edit source]
- [2017.02.07] WHO KiLLED IDOL? -SiS Shoumetsu no Uta-
Live Video[edit | edit source]
- [2018.12.11] GANG PARADE oneman live at Zepp Tokyo
- [2019.09.04] CHALLENGE the LIMIT TOUR
- [2020.02.29] PARADE GOES ON TOUR at Nakano Sunplaza
Stage Play[edit | edit source]
- [2019.08.25 - 09.28] Playhouse
Lyrics Written[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Coco loves the Sanrio character Tuxedo Sam and penguins in general.
- Her house had a jungle-gym in the backyard.
- Her mother was model and former yankii.
- Is considered GANG PARADE's positive symbol and mood maker.
- Her audition name was a parody of Michibayashi Rio. She shares her audition name with Asaka and MiKiNA EMPiRE.
- Her stage name is Coco Partin Coco because she liked her "Coco Chanel" stage name. It was going to be simply "Coco Partin" but an extra Coco was added to turn the name into a dick joke (...tinco/chinko, a Japanese slang for penis).
- Her SiS stage name is a reference to the fashion designer of the same name.
- Coco's nickname during the audition camp, "Paripi" (パリピ), was chosen by fans after she wore a T-shirt saying "Party People" (パリチ・ピポル).
- Occasionally likes to partake in 30-day Twitter "challenges", where she posts a photo or video every day. This footage can range from either Coco making a funny face, to pulling stunts like snorting ramen noodles up her nose.
- Coco Partin Coco was initially chosen to join PARADISES, however, when Kamiya Saki (who had been selected for GO TO THE BEDS) revealed her intention of graduating, Coco was moved to GO TO THE BEDS instead.